Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sadness

Yesterday evening, I happened to notice flashing lights through my front window blinds.  I walked toward the front door and peeked outside.  I had never seen that many police on my quiet neighborhood street.  Four police cars, a fire truck and an ambulance.  No sound...just lights. 

I told the family and we sat on the porch.  I was wondering which one of my neighbors was experiencing this and that is when I saw a paramedic run from my next door neighbors house to his truck and back again.  At that point I knew something tragic was happening.  I wanted to make sure it was safe, but didn't want my neighbor to suffer alone.

Soon I saw my neighbor step outside with her daughter in law.  Her daughter in law was experiencing the type of grief I hope to never see again.  I won't go into details since it is already all over news.  I hugged my neighbor tightly as the ambulance drove away. 

My heart breaks for them today...

No comments:

Post a Comment